Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Snowflake's Hope in Hell...

...is about as much chance as I have to strike a balance in this blogging project o' mine. This clip was too damned funny to pass up, though, so here you go.  The game is afoot. How can I use this material to launch a thoughtful or just clever piece of writing out into the virtual universe? I first look for a clue as to how this ditty captures something of the essence of the human experience.

Oh, I can't help it. It's both funny and tragic how our stories boil down to whether we get what we want or not. That's the small of it. I may be reading too much into things, but I think a little burlesque like this can actually give us perspective. That is, we recognize the joke and can step back and take a broader view of this condition we're in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-eslNwGXrI

No comments:

Post a Comment