Monday, December 20, 2010

Be Happy

This is a sweet song from Annie Lennox's Christmas Cornucopia, and brings to mind the sentments of goodwill of this season and the Buddhist Metta Sutta. There's a part of the Sutta that talks about caring for others the way a mother would care for her only child. I hope that kind of love is possible; it seems so when Annie sings about it. 


It's Monday. I will practice yoga. My kids will go to school, my husband skiing. We're having friends over tomorrow night for a Solstice dinner. Today I'll get my house ready to welcome them, and I'll enjoy doing it. We'll have good food, spirits, and well wishing.  There will be a full lunar eclipse visible in Utah beginning at 10:27 PM tonight. I'd love to step out and witness this, if clouds permit. In the spirit of simplicity, I wish you the same I wish for myself: Be happy. Pass it on.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nInCpOvDC8






No comments:

Post a Comment