Monday, December 6, 2010

Do a Little Dance

Monday. Again. Oh, wait, that was yesterday's post. Nice sunny day that was. The Sunday yogis crawled out of the woodwork for some breathing, bending, being. I love this gig, this li'l community of nuttin' better to do on Sunday than sweat out a hangover or just sweat period. Mmm-hmm. Makes me feel like dancing, so today's snack is a nostalgic look back at what used to be our first clue that Christmas was on its way: The Charlie Brown Christmas Special.

After yoga, my time was wrapped up in writing a paper on repeated reading for fluency instruction--dreadfully engaging. I have a good idea, though, for a grand 2nd grade holiday poetry recital full of speed, automaticity, accuracy and prosody. Now that the paper's finished the rest of my month feels to be like a breath of Peppermint Patty. While I wrote, my husband and daughters decked our halls. I trimmed the tree a wee bit then sunk into the sofa to absorb the light through the pores of my skin.

Just before bed I took a quaff of my latest kombucha batch--delicious and effervescent as a Snoopy dance. Simple pleasures. Tonight I'll bottle it up and get another batch a'brewing. I should have an scoby to share in about a week if you're interested. (Note: It may not be a good idea to drink kombucha tea just before bed.)

Holy Shiva! It's 5-freaking-30 right now. Yoga time. **But I just tried out my hand through a chaturanga push-up and it didn't feel right. I'll give it one more day. In the meantime, I'll get to work early and get a head start on that poetry performance extravaganza idea of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBPcoI4OE9Y

No comments:

Post a Comment