Thursday, November 25, 2010

'Twas Brillig

Beautiful day in Park City, a good place for Thanksgiving with the extended family. We can come together to share a meal, a bit of conversation, and then retire to our own condo for privacy. The highlight of the day was a brisk walk/run in the powder. A few brazen magpies laughed at us (with us?) as we bounded downhill. I felt like a moonwalker in the cushiony powder.  Snow kicked up over the lip of my boots and iced my ankles, but it all felt good--the running, walking, barely warm sunlight on our skin, and  cold air passing through our nostrils. We got a couple of pictures on Chris' phone, not too clear, but you see the quality of sunlight in the aspens, and the long, slanted shadows. It was dark by 5:00, it seems, Solstice is still three weeks away.

I'm a blur, but the light was exquisite.

Chris' shot a bit clearer. Check out that sky

It's close enough to midnight I could post the first installment of my holiday hit parade right now, but I won't. A promise is a promise, and I refuse to play even ironic Yuletide tunes while it's still Thanksgiving. Tune in tomorrow. I hope your day was full, memorable, and touched by a bit of beauty to boot.




No comments:

Post a Comment