Monday, November 22, 2010

Hey, Rocky, Watch Me Pull a Yoga Class Out of My Hat

Whew! Tonight marks the end of strange moods. I was carrying a bit of funeral funk with me today, dragging my feet toward the yoga class I had to teach.  I'd had a long day with my 2nd graders trying to find the balance between their need to yak and learn socially and mine to live without a headache. Yes, even yoginis get the blues. But I looked at the faces of the group that had shown up on their mats tonight and shifted.  Magic, right? That's yoga for you.

Did I mention my 91-year-old grandpa is getting married? Optimistic to say the least. And why the hell shouldn't he? He's marrying the postmaster of my childhood. Bless their hearts. (This is my paternal grandpa. It was my maternal grandma's funeral this weekend, just in case you were wondering).

Here's a little ditty to sum it all up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZACwVOJXpn0

No comments:

Post a Comment