Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jimmy Buffett + Yoga + Christmas What's Not to Love?

Hell, I just wanted an excuse to talk yoga and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a clip from Yoga Jo's of Ogden, Utah, no less, and funny folk in yoga gear. A couple of cats are thrown in for good measure.  Toss in some Jimmy Buffet and nirvana's but a breath away.

I injured my hand over the holiday weekend. Walking through an icy patch with my hand in my pocket, I fell and one of my keys punctured through the fleshy muscle of the heel of my hand. That's a strange sensation. I walked over to an urgent care facility, conveniently located across the street from the condos where we were staying, checked in, waited 45 minutes without being seen, realized I didn't need to be seen, and walked out. The wound itself doesn't look bad, but it's deep, and yesterday was the first day since Saturday that I've been able to make a fist. Just tried down-dog. Fugeddaboudit.  Dammit. No, but in truth, I've been fascinated by process of healing that began almost immediately following the injury. Once the bleeding and throbbing stopped, I removed the bandage and watched water seep from my cells to clean out the area. Each day it hurts a little less and my muscle can handle a little more. The skin regenerates and the slit begins to zipper closed. And so it goes. A friend of mine calls it "lovingly accepting what is." What else is there to do?

I taught a class last night at OFC. I wasn't able to demonstrate as much, which actually was good for me. A new guy showed up, pretty fit and muscular, but stocky (a.k.a. tight, inflexible). Having missed his spinning class, he thought he'd give this yoga thing a try. It didn't feel like my best class, but this kid came up after completely enthused about yoga and the possibility of becoming flexible. Ah, yes, the yoga high.  So supposing he didn't push himself too hard and is feeling the pain today, I think he will return. Yoga converts are the best. What do you know about yoga? Would you like to know more? I'm not kidding when I say it is for anybody and every body. I'm also not kidding when I say that just about anything you do can be your yoga if done with that loving acceptance of what is.

What this all has to do with Jimmy Buffett, however, is anyone's guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K28vtJ6md1o

2 comments:

  1. All I want for Christmas...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqmwA7rd9EE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or is it THIS?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfH_rfEe-F0

    I think when I read your blogs from December, and in a couple like this one....... what I heard were THESE...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PJiwsA7XJM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGSHZYZ74c

    ReplyDelete