Monday, November 29, 2010

Shopping, Shopping, Shopping

Let's just get this one out of the way, it's so obvious a target. For all the griping about shopping not being the true meaning of Christmas, there's still an awful lot of it going on. I'm going to play devil's advocate for a minute and say that's just all right with me. Generosity is lovely. Keep it up, western world! But let's strike a balance between generous helpings and gluttony. Overindulgence is an aspect of the holidays I could do without. It leaves me feeling sluggish, sleepy, slow. I end up having to overcorrect by making outlandish New Year's Resolutions I won't keep anyway. My advice? Bag the bingeing now! If the economy depends on folks like you and me digging our financial graves and adding an unecessary five pounds to our waists then it ain't much of an economy worth supporting anyway. That's all I've got to say on the matter. This wasn't my favorite clip, but it's funny enough, and it's all I have time for on this first Monday following a holiday. Enjoy your day, friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZveAyEMWJ0

No comments:

Post a Comment