Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Yoga Body, Buddha Mind"

I found a great article on OM yoga founder and "Yoga Body, Buddhist Mind" co-creator Cyndi Lee in Yoga International today. Here was a bit of external validation for my own experience of yoga as a physical practice. I quote:
"'Yoga teachers would say things like: 'Just surrender to God in this pose.' And I didn't know what that meant. I just didn't get it,' (Lee) says. 'But I could understand how to work for mindfulness and compassion and curiosity.'"
Damn! if that doesn't make me feel like a plagiarist. Not that I need that external validation for my own position, but it doesn't hurt.

Now I'll be putting together a little somethin' somethin' for tomorrow's Sunday session. Somethin' somethin' that resonates with using a physical practice to work for mindfulness, compassion and curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment