Tuesday, March 15, 2011

When I Say "We,"

I do mean "we." We human beings. As in we human beings do some nutty things. I'll be the first to admit my neurosis. I attempt to see clearly, to act rationally, but I get caught up in stories as easily as the next guy. So I've been feeling a little, er, shall we say paranoid about my last post. It was reactive even as it criticized what I consider to be a highly reactive group. But the thing is, it's easy to make a "they," and then to blame them for all that ails you. The aforementioned fringe group does, to be sure, but then I made a "they" out of them, too. Ah, life.

We all feel a little vulnerable. I hear it every day in colleagues' voices, in the radio DJ's, on the news. How to deal with the fear? My point on Sunday was to say that it must surely be less effective to tighten up, close your heart and mind, and get all reactive. It will not bring the fruits any of us desire to try to control everything, including other people. These are the lessons I hope I get through my yoga practice and through meditation. It's not bliss I'm seeking, but an ability to wake up and experience, deal with, face what is. That's all.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blogs... especially those about Buddhism... rigidity and other related topics...Wonderful site you have created here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sabio and Thotman. Nice monikers, the both of ya!

    ReplyDelete